Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Life's Little Lessons: Part 9

 
Photo: My brother, Chris, and me in Chicago during the day after Christmas snowstorm. Getting ready for our 16 hour drive back to the Carolinas!

Total Weight Lost: (since September 2009): 48 LBS!

Total Weight Lost on Nutrisystem (since November 2010): 8 LBS!

My Lesson: Dropping these last pounds is killer tough, but my healthy lifestyle is a complete habit now. I’ve found things that are fun and inspire me! Getting into eating right and exercising may take some time to develop, but it gets easier and easier – ONLY IF you work to find food and exercise that you will ENJOY. It has to be fun. Try different things to find the fun. Get some cute workout clothes that you love, take a little time to create a music set that will really inspire you to push during cardio and invest in your health. Find a day you can actually take a little time at the grocery store and make it a positive errand. Something you are doing for you and your family, because your family will become motivated by your changes, too.

My Nutrisystem: I am a picky eater but I have found some delish foods on this program between the frozen Nutrisystem Select and their shelf-stable program. If you’re picky, these are likely to be a hit for you, too. You can always personally adjust your order to the foods you love. There really are too many to name, but find me on Twitter (link at the top of the blog) and ask me about any Nutrisystem food!

KW Favorites:
Ravioli Formaggio
Stuffed Shells with Spinach
Flat Bread Pizza
Turkey Sausage Pizza
Creamy Fudge Bar
Ice Cream Sandwich
BBQ Pork Wrap
Chili with Beans
Chicken with Dumplings
Cinnamon Bun Bar
Fudge Graham Bar
Double Chocolate Caramel Bar
Cinnamon Roll

Words of Wisdom: Eat at home as much as you can. You will save an incredible amount of money and lose weight. I can pretty much guarantee those two things will happen! Prepare your own food and plan out healthy meals when you are going to the grocery store. Foods that are good for you do not have to cost tons of money, especially if you have a Walmart Supercenter, year-round local farm stand or occasionally clip coupons.

Like my clothing, I also have a bit of “uniform” plan to my food. Even when I have to be out running around I have my stylin’ “green” bag at the ready to fill up with carrots, celery, nuts, sandwiches, high protein/low cal granola bars and of course water at all times. I do not like getting caught super hungry while running around far from home or at work. I pack the good stuff so I won’t eat the bad stuff in a desire for food fast.

FTC Disclaimer: I am receiving the Nutrisystem program complimentary in exchange for my personal reviews each week
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seldοm leаvе а resρonse, but i ԁіd a few ѕearchіng anԁ wound
uр here "My Life's Little Lessons: Part 9". And I actually dο haνе a couple of
quеѕtіons for уоu if уou usuаlly do
nоt mіnd. Is it simply mе or dоeѕ
it look liκe some οf these remarκs аppeаr lіke thеy aгe left by bгain dead pеoρle?
:-P Anԁ, іf уou aгe posting on adԁitional online social siteѕ, I
would like to follow everything nеw yοu have to pοst.
Woulԁ you list оf all of all yοur communal
pageѕ like your Faсeboοκ ρage, twittеr feеd, oг lіnkedin
pгofilе?

Feеl free to vіѕit my blog: aloes forever