Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Journey Rolls On- Week 12!

 

Photo: Me on the beach at Hunting Island last month.

Total Weight Lost: (since September 2009): 48.5 LBS!

Total Weight Lost on Nutrisystem (since November 2010): 8.5 LBS!

My Lesson: I need to forgive myself, know it’s a struggle and let it all go and start fresh to get the weight to come off.

I’ve hit a plateau and I’m feeling frustrated. It has been a difficult time since the end of the holidays. One of my freelance writing jobs folded, so it’s been a real effort to drum up work and cash flow. I caught a pretty rough case of strep throat and was seriously sick for 2 weeks. Through it all, I’ve definitely used food for comfort, so despite intense workouts, I haven’t lost weight!

My weakest time is at night. I can eat great all day and then I go crazy for calories at night. It is the worst time to overeat and I use food as a tool of relaxation – not good.

My Nutrisystem: The food is great and I tweak it here and there to enjoy Nutrisystem in different ways. I use a lot of salsa on the frozen lunch entrees like the Chicken Quesadilla and the Steak and Cheese Melt. I add ground turkey to the marinara sauce on the pastas and I still die for the Ravioli Formaggio – it is my absolute favorite item and needs no work. The Asian Style Beef and the Roasted Vegetable Pizza are brand new and truly items I love to eat.

Words of Wisdom: I’m starting over. I’m 100% healthy again and it’s time to refocus and restart. Fresh beginning today! I am going right back to fighting against using food for comfort – food is for nutrition – it cannot be my emotional support system.

FTC Disclaimer: I am receiving the Nutrisystem program complimentary in exchange for my personal reviews each week.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: