Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Journey Rolls On- Week 10!

 
Photo: Me, one year and 25 lbs ago at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia home of the Australian Open. (Vamos Rafa!!!)

Total Weight Lost: (since September 2009): 48.5 LBS!

Total Weight Lost on Nutrisystem (since November 2010): 8.5 LBS!

My Lesson: You better believe I’m counting that ½ lb this week! I’ve gained tons of muscle, been eating great and feeling slimmer than ever. I can see a 4 pack developing in my stomach, well, JUST developing, but it’s starting! My leg muscles are getting more defined and my legs continue to slim down. I’ve never had skinny legs and they’re lookin’ pretty fierce!

Exercise and Calories In VS Calories Out: I teach five, 60-min spinning classes each week and usually run on the 6th day. Day 7 is always all about REST and RECOVERY. My body (and yours, too) needs at least one full day of nothing, to relax and rebuild. I burn 800-1000 extra calories each day with exercise, so I’ve locked myself down to eating 2500 calories each day. That means I’m in a minimum calorie deficit of 300 – 500 calories each day. That allows for a healthy weight loss pace. As I gain muscle and add specific exercise to do that, I can’t be too worried about the number on the scale.

My Nutrisystem: After over 2 ½ months on Nutrisystem, I am getting so used to the food that it’s a no brainer what I’m going to eat everyday. The good thing about this is that I know the food, so I don’t feel like I have to binge or overindulge. I eat for nutrition but still enjoy the taste of those chocolate peanut butter bars. I’m pretty excited about the newest frozen foods that were just added – I was desperate for a little change in meals and I got it in my last delivery.

The Newest KW Favorites: the margherita pizza, the roasted vegetable pizza, asian style beef and of course, the orange crème bar.

Words of Wisdom: Go to the grocery store, stock up on fruits and vegetables and come home and slice them so they’re ready to eat all week. After years of hearing this as a tip over and over again, I finally did it this week with my broccoli, cauliflower and green beans. My diet has benefited immensely by having a couple heaping servings of veggies each day because the majority of the work was done already.

FTC Disclaimer: I am receiving the Nutrisystem program complimentary in exchange for my personal reviews each week.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: