Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Life's Little Lessons: Part 3

 


(Pic is of me, about 8 lbs ago in September - playing tennis in Myrtle Beach.)

Total Weight Lost: (since September 2009): 43 LBS!

Total Weight Lost on Nutrisystem (since November 2010): 3 LBS!

My Lesson: Like my Dad, Ken Will, always told me, "Eat to Live, Not Live to Eat!" I've got the handle on the fitness, now I really need to cut back even more on food portions and meal sizes. Losing these last 20 lbs is really going to test my mind and my ability to overcome my desire to eat for the sake of eating.

My Nutrisystem: I lost 1 lb this week on Nutrisystem. I really desperately wanted to knock down another pound, but I can tell I am going to have to kick it into high gear as far as food is concerned. I need to eat healthier than ever and cut the white sugars, which is a great plus for the Nutrisystem plan. Their meals really are loaded with the nutrients our bodies need. Good carbs and loaded with proteins. Their vegetarian chili is great - I add a little salsa to it and it is a complete meal with a salad. I'm still resting at 2300 cals a day and I must go down to 2000 this week. If I want to shoot for a 2lb loss this week, I've got to hit that goal!

Nutrisystem Knows Recycling: I also want to throw out a huge hug to the team at Nutrisystem that handles their packaging. Almost every bit of it is recyclable paperboard and #1 or #2 plastic which truly is recyclable. Those other high # plastics rarely are!!! I am so proud of their company for making huge efforts to help the environment. So many companies are STILL not doing this.

Words of Wisdom: Drink water. Besides a little skim milk each day, the only(*) beverage I drink is water on a daily basis and that has been something I've done for at least 5 years. I don't bother with anything else, because I don't need to make my body work at processing anything else. I am definitely not wasting any of my precious calories on sodas or juice. *I do like to drink alcohol occasionally and will have a glass or two of red wine at dinner with friends. Sometimes a light beer and every once in a while, I still have a champagne night!


FTC Disclaimer: I am receiving the Nutrisystem program complimentary in exchange for my personal reviews each week.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: