Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Why I Am Working So Hard to Promote a Healthy Life

 
Posted by Picasa

I love being a part of the NS Nation bloggers and getting to tweet with people everyday about health, fitness and overall wellness! Getting to share my exercise/food knowledge and doing it all hand in hand with Nutrisystem has been a blessing for me.

This week, a Twitter friend asked me why I was willing to create free workout plans, give tips and motivate online. My answer:

I believe beyond any doubt that most people are generally unsure of what to do for a healthy diet and exercise plan. I work with women all the time at the Y that are confused and have no idea what they should be eating, even for breakfast. I love empowering women and men, because I've been so motivated by my own weight loss and athletic story. When I turned 30 in 2009, I decided the yo-yo-ing was going to stop and I was just going to be healthy and become a true athlete in my 30's and beat back at all the excuses I had made up over the years. I did it and I love how I feel. I wish everyone could feel like I do!

My ultimate favorite quote, borrowed from workout queen Denice Davis:
"Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells 'CAN'T", but you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper 'can'. And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are."

Now go out into the world, set your fitness and health goals and make them happen! I believe in you.

FTC Disclaimer: I am receiving the Nutrisystem program complimentary in exchange for my personal reviews each week.
Posted by Picasa

 

Pic: My cupboards and freezer loaded down with my new delivery of Nutrisystem.

3 comments:

southern-newlywed said...

You go girl! I think that I saw you at church on Sunday.. Loved your dress! I didn't know that we went to church at the same place. :)

Keep up the good work... and I could use some motivating. :) Any advice to get me started?

Rohitbhaydiya said...

Rohit

Rohitbhaydiya said...

Java app