Friday, February 18, 2011

Another Clothing Size Lost!

 
Photo: Me with my bro, Chris and my dad, Ken - at the Cincinatti US OPEN Series Men's Final. Federer def. Fish.

Total Weight Lost: (since September 2009): 48.5 LBS!

Total Weight Lost on Nutrisystem (since November 2010): 8.5 LBS!

My Lesson: The exciting news - I’ve lost another entire pants size despite not losing pounds. Lean muscle gained and fat lost this week and month, big-time. I’m basically a size 12 all over and that is INCREDIBLE! The last time I fit into an adult size 12, I was in 6th grade. A bit sad, I know.

So my dilemma now is a happy one. My shorts from last summer swim on me. My clothes are too big and my beautiful dresses are mostly too large to wear. I wear a lot of leggings, sweaters and skinny jeans - easy to fit to my shrinking shape. I have no intention of going out and buying a new wardrobe but I’m going to treat myself this weekend to a couple inexpensive smaller items like a dress and some hot new workout shorts at Target or TJ Maxx. Budget and size friendly.

My Nutrisystem: I entirely credit Nutrisystem with providing my body the proper energy to teach 4 – 60 minute spinning classes a week, keep me bursting forward on my 3 mile sprint runs and fueling my tennis matches.

Every day, I can actually feel my body processing the Nutrisystem as I burn through calories – it is the best thing for my body. It is so nutritious, low on the glycemic index and well-portioned.

One of my recent favorites for dinner is the Salisbury Steak with Macaroni & Cheese. The Roast Turkey Medallions dinner has a majorly oversized serving of vegetables in it as does the Glazed Chicken Tenders. These are hearty, really yummy and wholesome meals.

Words of Wisdom: I depend on Nutrisystem as the basis of my meals and now I am kicking it up a notch in the fruits and vegetable department. I do not let a day go by that I don’t make sure I’ve gotten at minimum, 5 servings of fruits and veggies. If I can, I’ll go up as far past that as possible. I carry 2 + apples and carrots just about everywhere with me because they are the quickest to grab and transport if I’m away from home all day. I’ve always got broccoli, cauliflower, onions, celery and asparagus ready to cook. If I can find inexpensive plum or cherry tomatoes, I buy them, too. I also picked up some spinach during my grocery run this week.

FTC Disclaimer: I am receiving the Nutrisystem program complimentary in exchange for my personal reviews each week.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: