Monday, November 1, 2010

My Life's Little Lessons: Part 1

 
Posted by Picasa

Total Weight Lost: (since September 2009): 40 LBS!

My Lesson: I'm always learning, growing and changing. In order to be happy, I always like to have a goal or a challenge to work towards because that is what brings me a sense of success and accomplishment.

My Nutrisystem: My food arrived today. The giant box contains a month's worth of food. I got to pick out exactly the foods that I wanted. I get part of breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert for each day. I will still be cooking, thank goodness. If you know me, you know I LOVE to cook for me and especially for friends! Since I'm in athletic high gear right now, I'm going to try to eat about 2,000 calories a day. That should allow me to continue to lose more weight at a healthy pace. Their desserts and breakfast bars are a highlight in Day 1.

Words of Wisdom: I know it's tough, but if you really want to lose weight, you need to count calories. Know how many cals your bod needs with or without exercise. I never deprive myself, I still eat whatever I want, but my stomach and brain have learned the act of moderation. You really can train yourself to eat what your body needs, even if you are an emotional eater like me. For the emotion part of it, I recommend a therapist...it did wonders for me. Weight gain or loss is not about will power or lack of it. It's usually the feelings that are driving you to eat. Don't be ashamed to ask for help. I knew I needed it to overcome the food monster that controlled my life.

FTC Disclaimer: I am receiving the Nutrisystem program complimentary in exchange for my personal reviews each week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're are here for you every step of the way!! You're part of the Nutrisystem family now :) Meredith