Sunday, August 5, 2007

Another Weekend, Another Escapade

 

 

 


Hamptons. Headed out on the Jitney, A met me, we went to the beach in Montauk. A, B, C and D1 and I tanned for a few hours and laughed (shocker). B and D1 introduced me to April, who is a superfab hairstylist in NYC who insisted I sit down on her beach chair while she chopped into my hair in the sand. (How fun is that??? I got an A-list trim while tanning on the beach.)

A and I left, got ready for Bridgehampton Polo, then paid $20 to valet the car. We sipped a couple of afternoon cocktails and had a few good conversations. One stands out more for the "wardrobe & props" than for anything else. Tears of laughter streaming down my cheeks, A and I left Polo for the Hamptons Mag/Vanessa Williams party in East Hampton.

Miss Williams was a little late to her party, so we chatted with a few pals and then I did a quick costume change in the Lodge. (Polo polka dots will not do for evening events!) As A and I were on our way out to head to the Hamptons Social @ Ross concert, Vanessa walked in. She flew in via helicopter. LOVE the Hamptons.

The Social @ Ross concert starred Billy Joel. A and I met B, C and D2 for dinner in the main tent before Billy went onstage. Billy was a total powerhouse! Who knows how old he is, but his final encore was of course, Piano Man, and I personally lost it when he sang We Didn't Start the Fire. Lost it like waving my arms (like Kelly Ripa in the photo) and screaming and woohoo-ing.

Mary Kate O and Renee Z were there, among others. MK is just to cool for words. All black with a little fedora to hide under as she danced, 8 bangle bracelets jangling, with her friends.

We spent Sunday on the beach with B,C, D1, D2 all the way to Z. Great people, cutest baby.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

veritas said...

you live a very glamorous life miss will, i like billy joel,did he happend to sing "i love you just the way you are"?,its my fav song of his........